Sunday, August 26, 2007

My little boys.

I haven't written a blog in a little while, probably becase not much has ben going on. Just the usual life of cleaning, shopping, cooking, cleaning, sleeping, watching an episode of Heroes, etc. I guess it was Ben's birthday last week. James was so excited for it. He went B-day shopping with me and consequently told Ben everything we got him as soon as Ben came home from work. I let James decorate the cake entirely by himself. I was quite surprised at what a good job he did. He was so proud of himself, and was so excited for Ben to blow out the candles and finally eat a piece of it. I bought James a suit coat this week. It was on super clearance so I went ahead and bought it and some khaki pants to go with it. He looked so grown up today wearing that little suit. Ben was helping him with the tie and it made me cry just to see the two putting their ties on. He really liked being all dressed up today and looking so grown up. Sheesh. I remember the first time we ever took him to church. He was 2 weeks old and wore a little polo shirt/onesie. It was striped, dark blue, white and gray. I remember thinking he looked like a little man in that outfit. I can't believe that he is 3 1/2 now, before I know it he will be 6 ft tall, trying to get some girl to notice him, and be 100% nerd. He can't help that, look at his parents. It is so funny to me to watch James and Harrison. James always tries so hard to be funny and even once said " I don't want to be good, I want to be funny" And it is true, he always wants to make people laugh, and tries a little too hard doing so. Harrison is funny by nature. You just look at the kid and his smile or whatever look he has on his face will make you laugh your head off. He is 100% tease. But he is a wimp, whereas James, he is a lion. I always said he was a lion. He is a lion with a heart of gold. And Harrison is the court jester. Ha. My two boys.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ah, the life of motherhood. It sounds so busy, but sweet! How cute are your boys, em? the descriptions of them was perfect...made me laugh. They are good lil' kids. You guys have done well.