Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Showers!

First off, here is a picture of Sophie's room. I got the curtains today and immediately hung them up, okay Ben put up the curtain rod while I ironed the curtains, but  anyways here it is. I love it! You can't tell from the picture, but I put pink ribbon around the edge of the lamp, I think it is cute.


Okay, So I know some really nice people, because not only did I get one baby shower, but I got 2! My sisters and mom threw one for me, and then my neighbors threw one for me as well.  they were both a lot of fun and I got tons of great stuff! Both were great, and I know that a lot of work, effort, and time went into throwing the showers for me, so thank you thank you thank you. Especially my sisters Amy, Becca, Rosanne, and My mom. And then my Neighbors Jules, and Audrey. You guys are so great! I am so grateful and blessed to have so many good people as friends and neighbors and family. Seriously, it is such a great blessing to be surrounded by so many good people. It means so much to me that you would do this for me. Thank you all. Enjoy the Pictures!!!

Here is the shower at Jules' house. And this is everyone that came! Thank you all for coming and for bringing such cute fun things. It was so fun to just visit and enjoy each other's company. What a fun night.


Since Jules is married to a photographer, there were many many pictures, but I am only posting a few. There was a picture of just about every gift I opened, but this one turned out the best, so here it is.  And yes, it is a very cute little pink dress..she will be adorable in it.


This was at the start of the party, Here I am with Amanda, Marcie, Alicia, Audrey and Latitia.


How artistic is this? Jules, you are so talented!!! Everything was perfect. And I think I ate half the banana chocolate bread....it was amazing.


Once again, Jules.....gorgeous. I actually copied you and did this for my family on Valentine's day. They loved it. The kids REALLY liked licking the sugar off the edges.



Okay here are the pictures from the Shower my sisters threw for me. I actually only have a few. My sister also loves taking pictures and took about 100, but I only have a few. When I get more from her I will post them.


Okay I wish you could see this quilt better, it is absolutely amazing. My sister made it for me and I was seriously crying when I got it. The entire thing is pieced and appliqued.  And it is 100% gorgeous. And she did it in one week. yeah. She is amazing. I can't believe she made it for me. Thank you thank you thank you Amy!!!

Oh, another quilt I must mention. My mom pieced a quilt together the night before the shower for us to tie at the shower. She did it in one night!!! And I am sad not to have a picture of it because it is really really cute! When I get it here, I will take a picture and post it. Thank you Mom.


All right,  can you see this doll? Is it not the cutest doll ever? I love it so much. My sister in-law Johanna made it for me, and I love it!!! I want more of them. I seriously want a collection of them.  She is also extremely artistic and talented...obviously. Thank you Jo!


Okay, this picture does not do the decorating and food table justice.  I mean, it IS cute in the picture, but the entire room was decorated with little pink and brown flowers and it was adorable!!! Plus, the food was very very delicious..I am wanting some watermelon and strawberries right now just from looking at the picture. Anyways, Once again Thank you everyone for all you did for me. You are so great. I am so grateful to have so many good friends. Thank You!!!

5 comments:

Tiana said...

it was fun to see all the great fun things you got for this baby girl. Em, Im so happy for you and cant wait to finally meet this girly girl! YOur a great friend and so i can only imagine how great of mother you will be to all 3of the kids!!

John said...

Wow!! I love the bedroom. I can tell that you are really excited to be getting a girl. And yes, what beautiful arrangements. But I think I will not move out there, I am just not that talented.

K said...

What a glorious couple of feasts - and I could see very clearly that the quilt was more than a gift - it was love in your arms. The room is very sweet. And now I am going to say this - that the most moving and significant thing about this post is the joy you have in the coming of this child, the love waiting for her, the household that will treasure her and protect her through her entire life. Emily - you had such a family, and so did your Ben. Do you know how rare that is? How many children come into the world without little welcome, or with little to greet them? Or are born into darkness and despair?

You have opened a door to Sophie and stood aside in the doorway; you have turned on the lights, made ready her bed, and invited your friends and family to feast with you. Sophie is a treasure to you, bless you heart. And God, who must send his children here, will - I am putting words in his mouth, which I rarely do - honor you forever for the respect you have given your little sister - all your life. Because you have been preparing to work and serve and protect all these kids since you were old enough to make choices.

Just so you know.

Karen said...

I'm so sad that I missed your shower. I was throwing one for my little sis on the same day and time. I do have a gift for you though. We'll come over some time to give it to ya.

Becca said...

OMG I love love LOVE her room! You are the cutest mom ever! She is so spoiled. There is no hope for her now. ;o)

Sorry I only sent you a few pictures. I thought I sent more than that, but I will put the rest on a CD for you, ok? Oh and I have all the avent bottles ready for you to have. I just need to come over and give you your stuff, see the room, and we can hang out before you pop. :o) love ya!