Monday, March 8, 2010

Talking

Last night I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and we sat and pigged out on them as we watched the oscars. I ate mostly cookie dough as I prefer that to the actual cookie, but I really was pretty good about not over eating on the treats. However, the boys pigged way out on both cookie dough and cookies, and then this morning snuck down to the kitchen and ate at least 10 more cookies! Little terds.

So then this morning while we were getting breakfast I said to Ben "man my stomach just feels rotten" To which James responded "yeah, because of all the cookies you ate!!!" we laughed really hard about that. And then later I was saying how I could not fall asleep all night (it always takes me about 2 hours to go to sleep) Sass James piped up again saying "Yeah, because all you could think about were cookies". Wow. I laughed so hard. Stinker boy.

Sophie, on the other hand has just recently been saying her first words. She calls me "mama" on a regular basis. And says "dadda" here and there. But today she said a very distinct "hello" And she continued to say it as she "talked" on the phone. So cute! That little girl is growing up way too fast it scares me. She is now walking everywhere she goes. She took her first steps a little over a month ago. She learned how to walk very quickly but just wouldn't do it. And then this last friday, she just decided to walk, so she did. And now that is all she does. Funny baby.

This morning while I was getting Sophie ready she was jabbering like she was telling me a great story, and every now and then she would throw in a little fake laugh. It was just about the cutest thing I have ever seen, and would have recorded it but knew that if I took the time to go get the camera, she would stop and I would have missed out on it myself. While we were watching the oscars lat night she would pretend to laugh whenever we did, and then clapped with the audience. I love kids. I love seeing them discover the world around them. I love seeing their chunky little thighs hanging out of their dress (this is only cute on babies). I love the way they cram food in their mouth. I love mad they get over such simple things, it makes me laugh. I love how they are born as their own person, and their personality is right with them from day one. I love the way they love. Their instant forgiveness, friendship, and desire to be good. I love it.

Another story of the day...

Today we were driving down the freeway in the carpool lane when I heard a sudden rush of air. Thinking that harrison had opened his window I went to close it and press the lock so he couldn't. I realized that no matter how many times I pressed that button to close the window, the air was still rushing in. James then asked why the inside lights were on. Sure enough I looked at the dashboard and there was that little light showing me that Harrisons door was open! I was terrified! There was no room to pull over, and you have to understand harrison, he just leans on the door and falls out as soon as you open the door. I told james to not bump Harrison and I just kept telling Harrison to not touch his door while I got the car pulled over.

I finally got through the traffic and to a place where I could pull the car over and shut his door and put the child lock back on. Not sure when THAT was switched off, but it surely was. I was so grateful though that he didn't fall out the car as we were flying down the road and that he was good and just sat still. He is such a clumsy kid I was even afraid to have him move over because he would probably just fall! I am always amazed at the many times we have been protected. When things have been just fine and we have been able to continue on. when really, something terrible could have happened. I know there are constant angels guarding us and watching over us, and I am always eternally grateful for that. James was so sweet though, after we got back going he said "mom I held onto Harrison's hand so that he would be safe". Such a sweet good big brother. He will always take care of his little brother and sister. He was born a leader.

3 comments:

James Clary said...

you know what james really was born a natural leader. seriously, he leads wherever he is. even with the grandkids! grace, well she is a follower and an encourager of mischief. haha.

loved this post. i cant believe sophie is talking! wow! that is so exciting and SO cute. I can't wait to hear her.

hope you are doing well. love ya!

K said...

Now that you mention it, I did love it when the kids got really angry - adult angry - when they were tiny, because when they did, you could really see them as people, even though they were so young. Interesting that in anger that full grown human shows up, far more clearly than in delight.

We almost lost my sister that way. She was leaning out the window with her arms on the sill will the door of the car came open. She was literally hanging on the door. She was probably four or five at the time. It was terrifying. That was only one of the two times she nearly died in weird car things.

John said...

I really enjoyed this post. You are an amazing mother and your kids are so good and sweet. I'm glad you were protected.

Love,
Diane