Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Party 2010


Ahhhh.

That is how I feel right now. Halloween Party...DONE! It was nothing compared to years previous, but it was still enough work and stress that I am glad to have it all done. Don't get me wrong, I love throwing parties and I will forever be throwing Halloween parties, it's still a lot of work though. At least it is work I enjoy. I have been gone every evening this week, so my decorating was extremely limited. I put some things up for about 20 min after my shower this morning. I know, I am slacking in my old age. ;) Here is a picture of the kitchen.


I usually have ribbons, pumpkins, & bats hanging as well, but I couldn't find the ribbon. Half the bats were ruined, and I only had enough for the entryway and halls. For some reason I forgot to take picture of those areas. I also had leaves and lights and pumpkins on the stairways and throughout the entire house. It looked really great in the dark. I spent most of my time today cleaning, running, taking care of kids and making delicious goodies for the kids to enjoy. Like these.

Mummies. We served blood with those too. The kids were actually pretty convinced that I dug up a bunch of dead bodies last night to serve at our party. We also served eyeballs (olives & ranch) skeleton fingers (carrot sticks) Halloween shaped sandwiches (ghosts,, pumpkins, witches) Spiders (oreos with licorice rope legs) & of course your usual junk food, cheetos & root beer.

For dessert we ate worms. And most of the girls wouldn't touch them. They really thought I had gotten the "dirt" from the backyard garden. Probably because as we served each item we told them "what" it was. Dirt, blood, eyeballs etc. The Boys loved it.


Then of course we played games.

We did a mummy wrap, made masks, read scary stories, went on a Treasure hunt, watched a Halloween cartoon, and then played Hide & Seek until parents came.
I think the kids had fun.

And this is a random picture of Ben in his Halloween costume. Yes, he is Elmo. no I didn't make it, My neighbor, Audrey, made it. Amazing huh? Ben is wearing that thing to work tomorrow for the costume contest, I hope he wins.

And here I am. I told the kids I was a witch, and that I could cast a spell on them. then we read some stories and went on our treasure hunt. I think it was pretty good little party.

Other Halloween Activities


The Pumpkin Patch in Vineyard. We went there a few weeks ago, I never posted the pictures, so here they are. Sophie just loved that little black tunnel.


And here is James & Harrison with their cousins Henry (in the yellow grabbing James' leg) and Wesley (in the red and black jacket) We love those boys and were so excited to have them over. Sophie wasn't so crazy about sitting on a giant pumpkin and was screaming the entire time she was up there.


My three kids. James, Sophie, Harrison. Aren't they the sweetest little things you ever saw? Sure do love those kids.


Isn't this the most dang cutest picture you ever saw? Yes. It is.
Yeah, I'm in love.

4 comments:

bethany said...

Your decorations looked so good!! I meant to tell you when I came to pick up Jakson, but forgot...

Hope Ben wins-Audrey did an amazing job!

Thanks so much for inviting Jak-you are fantastic!!

K said...

Ben looks so NATURAL!! What a fun party - and what a lot of work you did. LOVE the mummies. Want one for breakfast. And worms - I'd eat the dirt if it only LOOKED like chocolate. The kids don't realize what you are doing for them. But I do. And they will be better people for having you as their mommy. I promise.

Becca said...

so super cute! You always so such great parties! i was planning on making some of these same things on sunday. I think we are going to do a halloween dinner that day. Anyway, I just about DIED laughing at the elmo costume. i cant believe audrey made that. way too funny!

Kylie Capshaw said...

Now that's a party! The theme is definitely something for Halloween, and what kid wouldn't like to party in cool costumes? The kids seem to be enjoying themselves, so good job!

-Kylie Capshaw