Monday, October 25, 2010

Jack-O-Lanterns


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Tonight, for FHE, we carved our pumpkins. We bought them a couple weeks ago when we visited the pumpkin patch in Vineyard. Grandma Robertson always takes all the grandkids there, goes through the pumpkinland, and then they all pick out a pumpkin. They had a great time with their cousins, Henry & Wesley who were visiting from AZ. The boys just run through that corn maze as fast as they can. Their favorite part though, are the big bounce houses at the end, and of course the pumpkin slide. Sophie loved those too. After it all, they each picked out a pumpkin and brought them home to the porch. And tonight, we turned them into jack o lanterns.



I think they turned out great!
Can you guess which one I carved?


The boys picked out a picture to carve, and Ben carved it for them. They helped get the guck and seeds out, then Ben took over with the knives. The boys didn't mind though, we enjoyed watching some fun Halloween cartoons during the evening as well.

Here they are with their pumpkins.

And I got Sophie back out of bed for a quick picture. Harrison is obviously more interested in the cartoon.

We have been having a pretty fun Halloween season. Last Monday we went to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving point. We had never taken the kids there before and were excited to go. WE had a great time jumping on "huge pillows", playing on slides, getting treats, going through haunted houses, playing in corn, yes corn, freezing and finally coming home for some hot cocoa.

I have been spending my free time making Fall treats. I don't know WHY I do this to myself as I am currently trying to lose 10 lbs, but oh well. I always have a small portion, and give the rest away. My favorite treat I have made this year has to be the pumpkin whoopie pies found on my new favorite website www.ourbestbites.com go check it out, YUM! I have made those a few times now. Tomorrow I will be making some delicious sugar cookies with frosting and I am for sure getting up early to go workout, so that I can definitely eat one of those cookies. Yeah, I know I am retarded.

Tomorrow we are also taking the kids to a place in Lindon that has some free Halloween activities, spook allys, rides and such. I am really excited about that. I love all these fun Halloween activities and this week is packed! We have..... Lindon activities tomorrow night, Family kid party/dinner Thursday night, school parties & ward party Friday, Halloween half marathon, robertson halloween party & morrise halloween party on Saturday (not to mention Trick or Treating!) and then on Sunday I think we will play some fun games, make some "scary treats" and spend the day together. Wow, it is a busy week. I probably won't be posting again until after all that. Hope you have a Happy Halloween!!!

4 comments:

K said...

You GO mama. And you did the hat, huh? Just reading this makes me feel festive!

John said...

cute pumpkins, but, sigh, I guess this means no Halloween party at your house this year :(.

Becca said...

sooo cute and fun. You guys do so many fun things, I love it. too bad I don't live in lindon anymore. poo. I mean - close to lindon anyway. Um...LOOK AT HARRISONS HANDS!!! is he a robertson or what?

also I forgot you had 3 kids. I voted that you did the funny face in the middle, harrison did the hat and james did the skull. And then...tada! there's sophie! that was weird.

rozanny said...

CUTE! I like the witches hat...