Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sophie-isms

My Sophie. Sheesh. That girl is wildfire. Last night Ben and I were just sitting up talking & laughing all about that little thing. Things I don't want to forget, so I thought I'd better write them down somewhere.

Sophie will let her mind be known, no matter who you are or what you are doing. If she doesn't like you or what you are doing, you will most definitely hear it from her. While we were in UT her cousin, Elijah (who is a couple years older than her) was bothering her and wasn't leaving her alone and she finally turned around & in her angry growly voice said "NO WYHJAH! NEVER EVER EVER!!!!" and then she stormed off.

Whenever she gets mad, she gets really mad. And she will grit those teeth and shake her head and clench those fists and man you had better run for it. It is more funny than anything actually.

Sophie is so excessively stubborn you wouldn't believe it. Here are a couple stories.
She was playing with my necklaces and I told her she had to be careful with them because I did not want them broken. Well she of course started swinging them around and whacking them against things so I told her to give them back. She refused. I told her again to bring them back, she wouldn't. I told her if she didn't right then she would have a good time in time out. She just looked at me, walked over to the stairway and dropped the necklace over the edge. I told you, seriously stubborn. Yeah, she got some good time out that time.

And just the other day she wanted something and Ben told her no, so she threw a fit and in our house that just makes it all 100 times worse, you will end up with time out and a chore of some sort. She wouldn't listen to anything Ben said and was just being a plain butthead. And I don't remember exactly what he told her to do, but in her amazing anger she walked right over to Ben looked at him and peed all over. and no it wasn't an accident. She knew what she was doing. I'm in so much trouble when this thing turns 13.

Sophie & her "pink gwasses". She'd been asking for these for forever so I made her a deal. I told her that if she could take a nap without peeing the bed, then I would get her those pink glasses. guess what, she woke up dry and we got those glasses. She wore them everywhere, including bed. Funny girl.

How sweet is this? That brown blankie. What would ever happen if we lost that thing. She takes it everywhere with her. She won't sleep without it. She loves to hold it and find the corner and brush it on her cheek. She has been doing that since she was a tiny baby.

Adventure. She is not afraid of new things. She loves the beach. She loves the waves crashing over her. She loves to be thrown around in the air by her dad and get scared to death.

Um, she is also a nut. an absolute nut. She likes to be super silly with her brothers. We get really irritated by crude words and harrison was our biggest offender. he loved to be crude. So we got after him whenever he made potty jokes. Well, I guess Sophie thought that was all really funny, because whenever people are laughing or being silly she will burst out "poopy diaper!" And laugh and laugh. So now, that phrase is a joke in our house.


She loves loves loves Disney World. She loves it more than anyone of us. As soon as she sees the sign with Mickey mouse she get so excited and says "ders da mickey mouse!!! & daa pretty mickey mouse" (yes that would be minnie). But she gets there and she dances around and jumps with excitement at every little thing. She loves tea cups that "go round and round and faster and faster" but most of all she loves the carousel. The "pretty pink horsies".

Sophie also loves to sing. I love her singing more than anything. I wake up in the morning to hear her in her room just singing singing singing. she loves it when we all sing together too. right now her favorite songs are popcorn popping, ABC's, twinkle twinkle little star, & brown bear, brown bear.


3 comments:

K said...

Let's see - have I known one or two little girls in my life who showed that same butt-headed charm? Hmmmm. Yep. Yep, I have. Fortunately, they lived to grow up -

rozanny said...

She is way cute... I especially love that she is sooooo girlie! Princess tiaras and all.

Becca said...

I MISS HER!!!! She is SOOO cute and SOOO stubborn and SOOO amazing! all wrapped into one. I love that girl so much.