Monday, September 17, 2007

Gone Fishin'

This last Saturday Grandpa Morrise (Marshall) took James fishing. At the start of the summer he told James that he wanted to take him fishing. He has mentioned a couple times since then, but no plans were ever really set in place. A couple weeks ago in Nursery James was sitting at the table telling the rest of the class that his Grandpa Morrise was going to take him fishing and he was going to catch one. I thought to myself "oh man, I had better remind Marshall or else James is going to be one sad boy" Fortunately though, He kept his word and they went. THey went to Salem pond. They were there for several hours, but finally, James caught a fish. He brought it home, cooked it up and ate it for dinner. I thought it was great. I guess after they had been fishing for a while James started to get bored with it and wanted to go play at the playground, but then when he caught the fish he said " I want to keep fishing", and did not want to play at the playground or go home anything else. I think they had a good time. Susan told me that whilke they were there anytime he ate a cheeto or a snack of any kind he would ask each of them if they wanted some too. yep, there is that heart of gold I was telling you about. Sweet little Boy. He and I have been going for bike rides lately while Ben is at school. I have Harrison on my bike and then James pedals along behind me on his trike. He actually keeps a pretty good speed, I can't imagine he can go any faster on that thing. But we go around the entire neighborhood (which is a mile and a half) and he always wants to go around another time. I have found that it has given me good opportunities to teach him about crossing the road safely and watching where he is going and all that. Plus it is nice just to spend time with the boys. It has been great fun and a good way o get the boys ready for their afternoon naps. :)

No comments: