Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday

Wow, today was the first Saturday in almost a year that I have not gotten up early to go run several miles. I have not been running this week to recover from the marathon. Instead, Ben got up and ran 4 miles this morning. I packed the kids up and we walked around the neighborhood and waved at him while he ran. James enjoyed the morning trike ride and Harrison liked the walk, it was a very nice morning. Then it was home for breakfast and house cleaning. That went quickly and so then at lunch we turned on Wizard of Oz for James and Ben Harrison and I took naps, that was very nice. Oh when the movie started james brought me crackers to share. He is so cute. He loves to sit and watch things with me, he doesn't like to be by himself, he likes to have other people there with him and share his snack with them. It is cute. 
Anyways, then Ben and I had a late afternoon date planned so we took the kids to Gma and Gpa Morrises and we went to Goodwood. Since we didn't get to go out for my b-day we went today. We got onion rings for our appetizer, and oh my heck. Those are what onion rings are supposed to be. They were amazing! I could have just eaten those and been perfectly happy. But I enjoyed the ribs as well. Man I forget how good those are. Anyways, then we went birthday shopping for Harrison. It is his bday this week. I can't believe he will be 2. Whenever I ask him how old he will be and say "Harrison, will you be 2?" he gets really excited and yells "oh!" It is really funny.  We got him several books, including some little einsteins ones that he will love. He loves that show. It is so funny, there is one episode and they all sing "short short short Looooooong" and he always sings it. He says "sha sha sha woong" Yeah it is cute. Man he seems to be growing up so much lately. He learns new words every day. I love it. The other night he said "bye bye" to everyone, he never says that. And he started saying "all gone" and "gurt" for yogurt. He is just acting so grown up lately. It is cute.
  Anyways, back to our day after the bday shopping we got the boys, went to walmart, got Ice cream, a brownie mix and Meet the Robinsons for a fun night at home. So, we came home, the boys ate chicken nuggets, harrison ate 8...little pig, and then it was brownies and ice cream. And the movie. Which the boys enjoyed quite a bit. Then I gave them baths, they love bathtime Seriously, they love it. James has learned how to hold his breath under water really well now. Today he finally figured out how to do it without plugging his nose. He did it on accident first, and came up and said "oh my gosh! I forgot to plug my nose!" I love that little boy. HE is at the funnest stage right now. He always is interested in everything, asks me about everything. For example on the way home the other night he said "mom can I ask you sumping? how do you make bread?" I laughed, and told him. He then told me how he and Aubrey had made bread at Gmas with a plant and dirt with sprinkles on top and that it was very yummy. That made me laugh even more. Anyways, now they are in bed, laundry is folded, dishes are done, and Ben turned on a movie to watch so I should go join him. But that was our day today. I like saturdays like this. 
Oh I completely forgot, after I pulled out the brownies I set them on top of the stove to cool off and went to go start some laundry while we waited.  I was gathering up the laundry when I heard some odd noises coming from the kitchen, I then heard the oven door crash open, a thud, and then a loud cry from Harrison. I of course ran to the kitchen and there was Harrison, under the oven door, crying. Yeah, he had pulled himself up on the handle of the oven door, it flew open and he crashed down to the floor. Fortunately I had turned off the oven, and it wasn't too hot and fortunately he fell off the door, instead of getting it open and burning himself. Crazy Kid.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Man I am really really jealous. As long as James is in retail, we will NEVER have a saturday like that. It sounds wonderful. Like a perfect little day. Our Saturday's are more like....

Sleep in until Grace wakes us up, I feed her while James still sleeps, then I bring in bed with us and we play with her for about an hour(I love this part)...and then by noon James is ready and off to work....and I don't get to see him really until he is off at 10:30-ish. We'll usually watch a movie but we are both so tired at the end of the day that we fall asleep during it.

Mary said...

And my Saturdays are like...sleep in as long as possible..til noon if possible, or one (only once), get the status report from Jeff, do the meds if he hasn't done them, start some laundry (maybe)...I try to not do much laundry on Saturdays, because when I have Jeff and/or "Do your chores!" the kids home, I like to get other things done. Then it's "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!" "Do your chores!"...you get the picture.

John said...

Mary that is Hilarious!!! That Makes me think of Saturday is the special day it's the day we ready for Sunday. I usually try to have all the big chores done by saturday, so we only have to finish off the weeks laundry and do food messes. In the summer we try and get a bit of yard work in, but I like saturday to be the special day the day we play with Daddy. Getting out of the house is the best way to do this. Oh and the kids watch 5 hours of cartoons from 7 to noon.

But I am jealous of Emily because she can plan a date and give her kids to the grandparents instead of pay $10/ hour for a babysitter.

The Mechams said...

I just went though and read a bunch of your older blogs, Its so nice to be able to catch up, even if its not in person! Congrats on all your races, you look awesome. Maybe I should start working towards a marathon...I have picked up my share of lbs since have the kid! Anyways keep up all the good work, your boys are so handsome I love it!

Amy Eds said...

Sounds fun Emily! That's good that Harrison didn't get hurt on the stove! How was Meet the Robinsons? That would be a fun one to watch with the kids. We had so much fun with you the other day! Thanks!