Saturday, May 31, 2008

Harrison's Birthday!





So Tuesday, May 27th, was Harrison's 2nd Birthday. Wow, that went by so fast. I cannot believe that he is already 2 years old. I still think of him as our little baby. We still call him "baby" all the time. Oh well, I guess it will be that way until we have another one and Harrison is no longer the baby of the family. Anyways, so for his birthday Ben and I blew up 30 balloons, stuck some to walls, but mostly had them scattered around the house. We knew he would love that because he loves balloons almost as much as he loves balls, probably the same actually. We were right. When he got up in the morning he was really excited about the balloons and took the ones off the wall and started playing with them. Then he noticed the present Ben had put up the night before. A basketball hoop. It was standing in the kitchen, but the ball, which we had left right next to it, was down the hallway. I asked Ben how the ball had got there, he asked James how it got there...come to find out James got up really early and had already played with Harrison's b-day present. We laughed. Anyways, Harrison ran to the ball, and made a shot. It went in. Then we gave him another little basketball so both of the boys would have one to play with. That present was definitely a winner. Harrison has played with it everyday since. So then after breakfast and all that we packed up a lunch and picked up Amy and kids and went to Wheeler farm. It was so much fun! It is funny, last time I went there was just a few days before I had Harrison, so I guess it was appropriate to go there for his birthday. Anyways, the kids loved loved loved it. They loved seeing the animals, eating lunch, chasing each other around and having just a plain good time.  There was a family of geese that the kids found and started to approach but then the daddy goose came charging at them. They ran away pretty quick. however, Harrison did not. He wasn't afraid of it, he just got eye level with it and squawked right back at it. I laughed really hard, but was also glad that the thing decided to leave him alone. Then we saw the cows and there was one sitting right up against the fence so the kids all touched it. It mooed at them and once again, Harrison just mooed back. Funny boy. Anyways, when we were down seeing all the animals we went on a wagon ride. The kids loved that. Harrison waved at everyone and every animal we passed and said "Hi!" or "Hey!" or "bye bye!" It was cute. 
So then we all came home and the kids played outside and wherever while Amy and I made the cake. I was so glad to have her there because she made me the frosting, gave me the great idea of the basketball going into the hoop, and just helped out a ton with getting everything ready for the party. We had a BBQ with both the Morrise's and Robertson's. It was really fun.  We used our neighbor's grill, Ben cooked all the hamburgers and hot dogs...thanks ben!  Then it was time to open presents. Harrison mostly got books from us, a little Alphabet thing from Gma Morrise. Gma Robertson made a b-day card with little balloons on the front. HE pulled one of them off and just played with it. HE wouldn't even open any other presents for several minuted. He just wanted to play with the card. It was really cute. At the end of the presents we pulled out one last surprise present from us, the little Einsteins Rocket Ride on toy. Yeah that was an instant winner. All the kids loved it, and Harrison really loves it. 
Then it was cake time. I put the candles in, we sang. He was so happy when we were singing to him. He just had the biggest smile, it was so cute. He was so excited. And then he knew exactly what to do, he blew both candles out with one little puff and then he gave a little bow. it was the funniest thing. he really did blow out the candles and then bow to us. We laughed really hard. I will have to post the video of that sometime. And then I gave Harrison the Basketball portion of the cake. He liked that. He mostly just ate all the frosting off the top, but he definitely liked that it was a basketball. When he saw the cake he was so excited. He pointed at it and said "ball!.....hoop! Ball...Hoop ball hoop...cake!" Man, combine his favorite things, basketballs, hoops, and food. Yep, he loved it. Anyways, then people drifted on home, we let Harrison stay up and play with his toys for a little while, but then it was off to bed. But he didn't mind so much because he had so many new books to look at in bed.  So I thin kit was a pretty fun birthday. Oh yeah, James was so excited for Harrison's b-day. I am pretty sure he was more excited than Harrison was. The days leading up to his b-day James would come up to me and talk to me about how "prised" harrison will be when he gets his einstein toy. Or when he gets to open his presents.  And on the morning of he got me up and begged me to go get Harrison because he was going to be so "prised" that it was his birthday. Funny boy.

5 comments:

WinnFamily said...

I love Harrison's long hair, it's adorable. What a fun birthday, you are such a fun mom! I also love the cake.

John said...

You guys do the biggest and neatest things for everything. We do so little for little kids birthdays, but the bigs kids we either do a big family outing or a friends party. So I feel like we do a lot, or at least we spend a lot. But presents annoy me these days because I am tired of having to pick them up and put them away. I was thinking a savings bond for each kid for each holiday is perfect because I will never have to pick it up, clean it up, or fix it!!! Just kidding, we will still buy presents. It was my parents who made me such a humbug. My birthday was skipped completely some years, and we always had tiny Christmas's and other holidays. I think sometimes John prefers small celebrations when it is not his turn, but then he mourns when he does not get hundreds of dollars of presents. I have been planning a pretty big fathers day to make up for all the little things we got in the past that he didn't want.

ps Harrison and James are looking more alike and as cute as ever.

Mary said...

what a DOLL!!!!

Hild Family said...

I love the cake! You are so talented. What a fun birthday.

Karyn said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! He's the cutest little boy!