Saturday, October 11, 2008

Catch Up

So yeah I have been a slacker at the blogging thing lately I guess. Mostly because I didn't think I had anything to write about. Everyday was pretty much the same, and then I got sick and didn't get around to sitting at the computer until now. So here is a catch up on our lives lately.

James loves loves loves school. He loves show and tell and singing time the best. He is learning all sorts of new songs and nursery rhymes and at night we hear him singing them in his bed. It is cute. He always gets so excited about show and tell and has taken the same thing...his transformer bumblebee.  He is obsessed with transformers lately and I have been letting him earn them. He has a chart, and by doing different things he can fill it up with stickers and once it is full, he gets the transformer. He now has 3 and takes them everywhere with him. I like that he likes them so much, I think it is cute. He is going to be bumblebee (the transformer...NOT the insect) for Halloween & is really excited about that. Oh he had his Primary program a few weeks ago and while he didn't stay completely still, okay he was pretty wiggly, he said his part just great and sang the songs he knew as loud as he could. I thought he did just great. I was proud of him.

I am loving this stage James is in. He talks and talks and talks and says the funniest things. HE asks questions about everything and wants to know everything. I can depend on him pretty well. He usually does what I ask whether he likes it or not. He really tries to be good and do what he is supposed to. I love it. I love doing things with him and just sitting there talking to him. The other day I was at the computer and he was on his way to the bathroom and stopped to chat with me and just kept chattin away until he said, "but I have to stop now before I poop my pants, but I won't I will hold it in until I get on the toilet" and then he ran into the bathroom. I laughed so hard at that.  Last week when I was so darn sick I came up to my room and he was making my bed and I asked him what he was doing. he said "making your bed for you" I asked him why he was doing that and he said "to be nice because you don't feel very good" I thought it was the sweetest thing in the whole world. He really is a sweetheart.

As far as my life goes, well things were going great. I was over the morning sickness, running 25 miles a week, eating well, keeping the house clean. Doing things with the kids. Made lots and lots of jam. yum. Life was good. And then I got a cold. It was really annoying, but I could live with it. Then it seemed to go away for a couple days and I went running with my friend one morning in the freezing cold rain. yes I know I am an idiot. It was probably one of the dumber things I have done. We ran 8 miles and I came home drenched, freezing and coughing my head off. I coughed straight for a week. Like not just little coughs, like I never slept I coughed so hard and I tore a muscle in my lower abdomen from coughing so hard. It was awful. I went to the DR, he wasn't helpful.  basically I just needed to tough it out since I am prego. But I am happy to say that I am only coughing a little now and am sleeping just fine. Ah. it is nice to be feeling good again. 

Now I am keeping myself 100% busy with our halloween party plans. We have a halloween party every year and it is always so fun to do, but we always go a little crazy about it.  I am really excited. Ben and I are going to be Bleaker and Juno (from the movie Juno, if you hadn't already guessed that :) We have a lot of fun games planned for the kids and of course homemade root beer and this year we are doing a salsa fest. Ben is making salsa and we are getting several other dips for the many chips to eat. It will be a lot of fun. BUt we still have tons to do, the party is next saturday, so my next post probably won't be until after the party and I will post all sorts of pictures from it. 

Oh, and on the stinker Harrison note.....I made all the invites, my sister becca came and helped me. we had them printed on orange paper and then stuck onto a black background with a candy corn glued on the top. they were really cute. Harrison liked them as well. He liked them so much he ate the candy corns off several of them. Yep, that is my stinker Harrison. I don't know why he didn't go for the entire Jar of candy sitting on the table, but I guess the invites up high and out of sight were a challenge so that must make the candy taste better or something. funny boys.

Oh yeah one more thing, my boys love halloween (don't know where they get THAT from) And at night we always hear Harrison in his bed saying"dyou hear dat ou-side?.......ooooooooooo (like a ghost).....spooooky!" it makes me laugh so hard.  Even when they are little stinkers they are darn cute.

8 comments:

Stephers said...

The kiddos are so excited to come! Please let me know what I can bring to help.

Karyn said...

Oh, I love Halloween too! Seriously, my favorite :) It hasn't been quite the same without the fall weather her in AZ, but oh well! We'll try to enjoy it just the same. You need to post some belly pics!!

Becca said...

yeh you DO need to post some belly pics.

that makes me laugh so hard about harrison "do you hear that outside?" hahaha. what a funny kid.

John said...

Emily you are amazing!!! I have no idea how you can be pregnant, run 8 miles at a time, play with your kids, keep your house clean, and make neat crafts for a giant party that will make your house so extremely messy!!!!! I need your energy boost.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Emily, are we still invited? We talked about it, but never got an invite so I want to make sure. We are very excited about it. Let me know if there is anything we can bring!

K said...

You seem to be feeling a lot better now. Isn't it amazing when those little guys suddenly start becoming real people. And they say these things to you that aren't just little kid mess, but are real people-to-people things? I love that so much.

Jeremy said...

Hey, I didn't know you were sick, I'm sorry! That sucks. I'm also really sorry we missed the Halloween party (especially the home-made rootbeer!).