Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Party

Okay so we finally had our Halloween party! It was so fun. At least I think people had fun, I guess I don't really know. But a lot of people came. we had 80+ people here 45 of those were kids. Yeah it was pretty crazy here. But they seemed to enjoy the different games and everyone loved Ben's salsa. I will admit, it was pretty darn good. especially with some Guacamole and some sour cream to go with it. I ate way too much of it and I think I drank about 50 glasses of root beer. It was really good.  Anyways, I spent most of the week getting ready for the thing. Part of that was getting my house back in order after ignoring it so much from being sick. One day I cleaned every wall in the house, all the baseboards, all the blinds, windows, and then swept out the entire garage. I was very proud of myself and I most certainly did not cook dinner that night. 

But then I made a lot of the decorations and put treats in bags and all that stuff. Then the day before the party Ben and decorated until 3 am, got up the next morning and barely had everything ready by 3 pm when the party started. But I really didn't mind, I love to throw a party and I love to make it look good, so I really don't mind missing some sleep once in a while for it. The thing that took the most time was the garage. We emptied out the garage, and then hung orange and purple tablecloths around the room and had different things hanging from the ceiling. It was really cute. That is where we had all the games for the kids. We had bags for them to decorate/color, then a ball toss and they won a popcorn ball, and then bobbing for apples and they got to keep their apple and get a bag of caramels, and then a little treasure hunt game where they dug through different things to find candy, toys and rings.  It worked out pretty well I thought. we had a pinata halfway through and I think that was the highlight of the party for most kids. They sure loved that. 

James was so excited for the party he seriously could not sleep. He was up pretty much all night asking if it was morning yet, or time for the party or whatever. He definitely had a great time and loved his bumblebee transformers costume.  He was so cute. He wanted to help me so bad with the decorations and some things he could help with, like filling the pinata, giving me tape to hang things, he actually helped wash all the walls that one day. Anyways, so then he made his own decorations and put them up. He drew a bunch of skeletons and taped them onto the front door. our door was covered and it was so cute I couldn't take them down. Ever since the party he has been saying "thank you for the Halloween party" yeah, he really loved it.

Anyways, clean up really wasn't bad, it was all done that evening, so that is good. I guess we left a lot of the decor up because Halloween is still a couple weeks away so why not huh? Oh I am so sad though, we totally forgot to take any pictures! Ben and I were both pretty busy the entire time and we just forgot to get the camera out. So if any of you that came took some pictures, email them to me please, and then I will post them for those of you that missed out!

9 comments:

Stephers said...

The kids had SO much fun! Thanks for doing all that work. And the salsa was amazing!

Mark and JanaRae said...

It was a blast. My boys loved all the games. I'm glad your sister game all decked out. Ethan still hasn't stopped talking about the witch.

Unknown said...

We totally had fun! Winnie loved the smoke-filled bubbles.

WinnFamily said...

My boys were sick Saturday, Ethan was so disappointed that he missed the party! I was excited to see pics of all your hard work since I missed it all, hopefully someone else took some!

Hild Family said...

Thanks for such a great party! Layton had a blast. The salsa was very yummy- I've never had a salsa with olives in it before and now it's a new favorite. We appreciate all your hard work so we can have fun with you all!

John said...

Sounds like a blast. I was looking forward to all of the pictures. You should still take some pictures of the decor... It would be fun to see all of your hard work.

K said...

Parties are ALWAYS so much more fun and amazing once they are actually over. How wonderful it sounded. I'd like to have a blast myself. Good girl for putting it together.

Tiana said...

I have a blog so check it out now!!!

Karyn said...

I'm so jealous!! I love a good Halloween party. LOVE IT! I just love throwing parties anyway, but especially a Halloween one. If I ever move back to Utah, you better invite me!! :)