Monday, November 12, 2007

Life is Crazy

You know what, life is crazy. I haven't blogged in a long time, and it is because I think to myself, "well I don't really have anything to write about it, life is just normal...crazy" For instance, this last weekend. I was throwing a baby shower for my little sister. And knowing me I can never just make it simple, I always have to make decorations and make it as cute as possible. I love throwing parties and doing all of that, but I really have to devote my entire life to it for about a week before the party.Yeah I know I am an idiot. Anyways, back to the baby shower. I was shopping all day Friday, getting food and such, I was in line at Walmart for an hour. I hate and love that place....sheesh. And then when I was all done shopping it was time to take my kids to my sisters for a Tea Party with all the cousins. It was really cute and the kids had a great time. My sister had made mini cinamon rolls, mini pizzas, mini everything pretty much. And then the kids made froot loop necklaces and made a grand mess doing it, but once again had a super fun time. So much fun in fact that I forgot to check the time and oh my heck it was late and I had so much to do for the baby shower. So we went on home, put kids to bed, cleaned up the house, did a load of laundry, baked the cake, cleaned the kitchen, and then started making the party favors. At about 11 pm the cake was done and time to dump it out. It was in the shape of a baby buggy and was very cute. Oh, some background info here. Ben always always always greases and flours a pan before cooking in it. And I always tease him about it and tell him that he only needs to spray the pan and that is plenty good. In my cockiness, I only sprayed the pan and now that it was time to dump it out, I wished very much that I had greased and floured the pan. Lets put it this way, the cake was in about 100 pieces by the time I got it out. Well. now it was too late to go to the store, bake a new cake and decorate it before going to bed. But it needed to be cooked that night at least. So Ben being the nice boy that he is, went and got another cake. Oh yeah, I forgot, another hiccup that night. When we were putting the kids to bed Harrison was running around the house and it wasn't until after he had gone throughout the living room that we noticed poop come out of his pants...yeah Ben carpet cleaned that night as well. Nice. Anyways, so I finished the games, decor, party favors, meat and cheese platters, and all that other stuff around 3 am. I went to be and could not sleep, I was so anxious for the next day, but I assume I fell asleep sometime because I woke up trying to smash the alarm clock on the floor about 6 am. Then my insanity kicked in and my brother and I went for a 9 mile run. The run actually felt 100% great. However, as soon as I got home it was time to get moving and get the cake decorated (It was the kind that you decorate with all the little frosting stars.....it was worth it though, it was really cute!) I made cream of wheat for the kids, showered, and started squeezing out the little frosting stars onto the cake. Fortunately my fam came about 30 min before the shower started and helped me get all the food set up and so by 11 am it was ready to go. The shower went really well, and Becca got tons of cute cute things. During the shower though, Harrison kept coming to me, rubbing his eyes and just crying. I thought he just had something stuck in his eye. But after a couple hours of this I called the DR and shortly after the shower was over, took Harry to the DR. Turns outm he has a sinus infection, ear infection, and a viral infection in his eye. Yeah, I guess he was a lot sicker than I thought. I felt so bad for him though, he just sat on my lap and cried the entire time his eyes hurt so bad. Anyways, so after that it was time to get prescriptions and all that jazz. Ben did that for me though while I laid down on the couch and Harrison slept. James came and sat by me and we talked the whole time. I don't even remember what we talked about, but he was just being funny. It was fun to sit there with him. Well then after that, I decided that Harrison needed something to cheer him up a bit and so we got him a new red ball. All of you that know Harrison, know that all he cares about are balls. All day he just plays with any ball we have in the house. We got him a little red bouncy ball and he loved it. He carried it around the rest of the evening and took it to bed with him. I took it out of his crib eventually because I didn't really want him sleeping with it. However, I woke up in the middle of the night to "diddy diddy diddy....BALL" "adidididida...BALL" I went in there and he was standing in his crib pointing to the ball. I held him and let him hold the ball for a minute while I got him a drink but then put him back to bed. He cried for the ball a little while longer, but eventually went to sleep and so did I.
So there you have it. That is just a couple days of my life. Obviously it was a little more crazy than usual, but it seems like there is always something going on around here.

2 comments:

Becca said...

sheesh girl! You went to SOOOO much work for my shower! Thank you thank you thank you! You are way too nice of a sister! It was SO adorable and I am heartbroken that we didn't take a picture of the cake! Man alive it was amazing! Sorry it made your life so incredibly hectic, but thanks!

I will get the pictures from Gma and post them on my blog. I don't know who else took pictures, but anyway. Have a lovely day.

John said...

Huh, life is definitely crazy. It sometimes amazes me how busy I am. John says that I don't have any real deadlines and make up too much for me to have to get done. But it really is a lot of work keeping a home and family in order and everyone happy even though I don't have actual work deadlines. I think you are amazing, though. I love to read your blog. You are an amazing mother and person. Your family is lucky.