Monday, December 8, 2008

A Simple, but very Sweet Thing.

This last sunday was Fast Sunday, and obviously I am not fasting these days.  But back in the day when I was, Ben and I often discussed if there was something special we felt we needed to fast for or if it was just a personal thing.  So sometimes when Ben fasts these days I ask him what he is fasting for and since I AM pregnant he is usually fasting for the baby. So this last Sunday I asked him if he was once again fasting for the baby and he said "yep......and you" And it kind of surprised me. I mean, I know my health is 100% connected to the baby and so that makes sense but for some reason it just surprised me a little. And I was touched by it.  And so then I pried a little bit and said "like for my health, or do you have other worries as well?" he said "well yes, I want you to be safe too" and then he added somewhat jokingly but I also knew that there was truth behind it "And so you won't go crazy with the kids" We laughed, but it suddenly hit me.  And I was really really touched by it. That I am not doing this on my own. Even when I am home alone with the kids. That my husband realizes that being a stay at home mom is a challenge, that it is hard work and very stressful. And that he prays for me and fasts for me to be able to do what I need to.  And I know that I have been given extra strength and patience and I now know that it is not only because of my prayers, but because Ben is also praying for me. I am just so grateful for a husband who has a testimony and supports me and loves me and takes care of his family so well in every way. 

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh that is a very sweet and tender thing. Husbands can be so good sometimes. Actually...most the time they are so good. I'm so glad we have great husbands. I'm glad you have Ben to be sweet and caring for you.

Karyn said...

That's cute. You guys are lucky to have each other! Now, we need some updated belly pics :)