Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Little Boys

Since I have not blogged in forever and then some, here are a few stories that I had meant to blog about but never got around to it.
Story #1

So I was sitting on the pot, and Harrison came walking in (I swear as a mom you NEVER get any sort of privacy no matter what..but I guess I am the one that didn't lock the door, oh well) He got my lotion off the counter and unscrewed the lid. He said "uh oh" and looked at me wondering what to do. I told him to bring it to me and I would fix it. He started carrying it over and then dropped the lid Said "uh oh" again and bent over to pick it up. unfortunately, when he bent over, the botte of lotion bent over as well. Lotion was dumping out rapidly, I was helpless on the toilet. Harrison finally noticed the lotion pouring out and starting saying "uh oh. uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh" He kept saying it, stayed bent over, and picked up the lid. he then tried to stop the lotion pouring out by putting the lid on (he was still bent over so, yes, the lotion was still coming out and the lid would not stay on) at this point I was just laughing my head off. He continued trying to put the lid on to stop the lotion and saying uh oh for a little bit and then finally stood up and handed me the lotion bottle, pretty much empty at this point and the lid. He is such a cute kid.

Story #2

I guess this isn't really a story it is just an FYI of events last month. James has horrible teeth and last month got them all drilled out and caps on 7 of them. THey had to put him completely out for the procedure and as a mom I was really nervous for him. I didn't sleep the night before and as they took him away to work on him I cried. The next couple days were pretty rough. James had a hard time coming off the anesthesia. His eyes were the biggest problem, he saw double for quite a while and that really bothered him so he just kept his eyes closed and acted like a little blind child. I felt so bad for him, I led him all over and held him all day and night while he cried because he was hurting so much. However, Gma brought him The DVD Incredibles, and a Buzz light year car and action figure and he was so excited about that and even though he couldn't watch the movie he still had me turn it on and he just listened to it. He also just carried that Buss Light Year toy everywhere with him, he took it to bed with him and he would wake up an feel around for it like a little blind kid (it made me so sad to see him like that, I can't imagine if your kid really was blind how sad that would be) Anyways, at the end of it all he had a mouth full of silver molars. I was a little afraid of how he would react to his new teeth but when he was feeling better I showed him his mouth in the mirror and let me tell you what he was 100% excited about his new teeth. He showed everyone at church his "new teeth" or "gold teeth" He thinks they a super great. His primary teacher told me he just kept showing them off to the kids and them. So I am glad that he likes his new teeth so well. Oh one thing the dentist told me was that the James' upper 4 front teeth (the ones that got mashed up into his gums last summer) were extremely loose, and that James will most likely lose those teeth within the next few months. So yeah, he will be my little toothless, golden teeth boy. But one day they'll grow back, at least these aren't permanent teeth.

3 comments:

Becca said...

uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh!

I love it! You really do have two of the cutest kids ever! That is hilarious, and I was laughing (in my head...not out loud, baby's sleeping!) as I read it! Amazing.

Oh and I totally love your car. Can't wait to get a ride!!!! What are your valentines plans? please call me, we must discuss.

Linsey said...

Em- I love hearing about you. You still crack me up and the stories about the kids are great! Don't you just love kids and the funny things that they do? My girls do some of the funniest things that I can barely contain myself.
I do have one question though. I'm not a completly stay-at-home mom, but when I am home with the girls, I run out of ideas of what to do with them to keep them occupied and not in front of the TV. How do you do it and where do you get your ideas from?

K said...

The first story was SO funny - we read it out loud and the whole family was roaring. But Em - how did his teeth get so bad? That's terrible for him. I could feel it, how you were holding him and he hurt. I'm so sorry.