Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

So today was Valentine's day, and I have to say, we had a great one. First off, this morning I got up, put out some treats n the table for ben, and then went and put hearts all over his car and more treats along with the receipt for a new car stereo (the radio/cd player in that car don't work at all and that really sucks when you are driving alone). Then I got the kids ready and packed up the car with all our valentine's goodies. James and I spent the night before making Valentine's for all his friends and family. He cut out the hearts himself and colored them and I made little red heart chocolates. He was really excited to give them to people. On some he even put the first letter of their name on the heart. I love his cute crooked handwriting. Anyways, so it was off to Grandma's for a Valentine's Party. The kids loved it. They decorated sacks to put their valentine's in, they had pizza and chocolate milk for luck. Then they ate a pink cake and tons and tons of candy. And of course they ran around like wild indians playing together. Harrison's favorite thing of all were the balloons. He didn't even want the candy, now that is shocker. He just kept saying "boon..boon!" And he spent his day carrying a balloon around. Ben met us over their after school & work. Brought me roses....red, pink, & yellow. And a black pearl necklace with earrings, and yes they are real. He has connections. Okay he did some work on a Website for a friend who sells jewelry and they traded. The necklace is worth $800. Check that out. It is gorgeous though and will look amazing with anything and everything. I love it. He always drew me another heart picture. I love those things, I am trying to find some really fun frames to put them all in and display them in our room somewhere. Anyways, we went over to Gma Morrise's. James gave her flowers and valentines, and she had bags of goodies for all of us, which we all enjoyed. Then it was off to Carls Jr for dinner for us. THe kids had fun there and James actually ate most of his hamburger, I was impressed. Then we took them to the mall, went through the disney store where James saw a huge Rocket from little einsteins and about exploded with excitement, and then to our final destination of Build a Bear, where the kids each picked out a stuffed animal. James got a monkey, Harrison a Dog. James helped stuff them and all that. They both really liked that. Then on our way out we got in a photo booth and had family pictures. They are really cute. In the second one Harrison is sticking out his tongue and it is adorable. Oh yeah, and just before we left James through a few pennies into the fountain and on the way home when I asked him what his favorite thing of the day was he said "throwing the money into the water" sheesh, is that all we had to do to make it a fun day! Anyways, we had a great day. I love holidays.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Valentines was excellent wasn't it? I was really excited for your kids to go to Build a Bear! I don't know why, but I really was! I can't wait to see their newly acquired stuffed animals! How cute!

Oh and Ben...way to go on the pearls. They're gorgeous!

Whitelock Family said...

Sounds like a fun day, can't wait to see the pearls!!!

John said...

Wow!! You guys are like holiday Gooroos! John asked what are we going to do for Valentine's Day and I was like who cares, it is a stupid holiday. So we got a free burrito and a 50 cent pop and donuts for the kids. That was it. I guess I better do more for John for Valentines Day. He always asks what we should do and I always say nothing. Maybe this is a hint he has been giving to me for 10 years. Okay next year I will try.

K said...

Happy Valentines to you all! Sounds like a great day!