Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Date

Every Saturday we have a babysitter, so that we can go out on a date together. Well this Saturday didn't work out for her, and I was really excited to go out with Ben, so I told him we were still going to go out, just take the kids with us. So that is what we did. We were planning on going to Mimi's, and we took the kids with us. We had so much fun with them. They were really good the entire time and we really did just enjoy having them there with us. Harrison was being a little gross when he took his straw and sucked up the leftover ketchup from his plate, and then put his straw back in his cup and finished his drink. But as gross as that was, it made us all laugh so much it was good entertainment.

then we went over to Barnes and Noble and looked at books for a while. The kids LOVE the kid section of that store and pointed to just about every books saying that that was the book they wanted. And Ben showed me the new Nook there, that thing is pretty cool, but I don't know if it is $250 cool. Then of course I found my way over to the running books and got stuck in a book about some training tips. I just can't help myself. But we really did have a fun time, no stress at all, just fun together. I love it when family things, turn out to be fun family things. Cause they don't always turn out to be super fun.

1 comment:

K said...

Wow. That sounds great. It's a rare thing to have everybody behaving and happy out like that. Wonderful, wonderful. We used to have a baby sitter on call every week, too. Important stuff. Wise, I think.