Monday, January 25, 2010

A Good Day

Today was nice. No stress, kids were good, besides the fact that they still are NOT asleep....

So yeah, I was up with Sophie last night, she had the runs all night, poor baby. But ben got James ready for school so I could get a little more sleep and that was so nice! Then I got on up, had breakfast with Harrison and Sophie, did my morning chores. Played with the kids for a bit, then I did a really quick, but very good workout. Then it was time for lunch.

James' cousin is off-track right now and so we went over to her house once James got home from school. He knew that we couldn't go until his homework was done, so he came home, homework in hand excited to tell me that it was already done because he had done it on the bus. Which, he had. Smart kid.

Anyways, we had fun, the kids played really well together there, Sophie wasn't too happy probably because her bum hurt. :( But really, it was just a nice relaxing afternoon. Then I took the boys to Target got some stuff for a "picnic" and went on over to the Oquirrh Temple (my sister lives out there) and enjoyed a picnic in the car. Sophie enjoyed the goldfish crackers especially. The boys and I talked all about the Temple and I was happy to see how much they actually knew. I love spending time like this with my kids. Just talking to them, seeing what they think about things. James told me after we die, the Dinosaurs will come back with the Volcanoes and rule the earth again. Yeah, he is into dinosaurs these days, a lot. Harrison talked about the open house and remembered going to it.


Oh and then I asked Harrison who Jesus Loved. He started telling me all the names of everyone he knew and then I asked him who else loved him he said "mom, dad, James, Sophie" and then I asked him who he loved. He said, "I love Rachel, she is nice to me. I love Ruth, she is nice. And I love Aubrey, she is nice to me. But Jonathon is naughty to me" Those are all his other cousins he plays with, and even Jonathon is a year younger than Harrison he can certainly take harrison down. It is pretty funny.

We also made a stop at Hobby Lobby where I bought some material for some baby gifts to friends and then there was this material for a little dress that was so cute I got the stuff for it and I can't wait to sew it for little Sophie. So darling. When I finish it I will post of picture of her in it.

You know what, I really do love being a mom. There is nothing else I would rather be right now. I know kids can be the biggest pain in the butt there ever was, trust me, I know. But really, I am glad that I know that, and not some babysitter somewhere. I love seeing my kids grow and develop and learn, and I love seeing them try to be good. James has the biggest heart there ever was and I just love his desire to learn and to be good. He truly wants to be good. I love that. I love my three little ones. They are my life. And I've gotta say, I've got a pretty good life.

2 comments:

K said...

As hard as all those years were, being a mom, they were worth every weariness, every frustration, every moment of feeling sleep deprived. A good day is a lovely thing. And they will get better and better as you stay in communication with the kids and relate to them as fellow creatures. They will keep that relationship up through their teenage years - as mine did. But if your example turns out kids like you were, you already know that.

Becca said...

your day sounds LOVELY. really you are such a great mom. That sounded like such a great afternoon. Welcome back to the blogging world. We've missed you.