Sunday, January 10, 2010

Funny Baby

Sophie has decided that she does not really like to sleep all night. That getting up at 3, 4, and 5 am is much more fun...especially when you do it all at once. Little Butt. Anyways, so I have bene up with her a lot lately. And I know, you are supposed to just let them cry, I know this. This is kid #3. But, she will scream and scream and scream....all night long. Hours long. It sucks. Or I can just go throw a bottle her way or give her a pacifier and she will go right back to sleep. I never know what to do. Anyways, so I haven't been giving her the bottle lately, because I really don't like to encourage that. So last night I got up with her and gave her her pacifier which she threw right out of her bed, when I gave it her again, she threw it again. Letting me know that that just wasn't going to cut it. Too bad for her I'm the boss, and well, If I don't want her to have a bottle, she won't get it.

So, she finally gave in took the pacifier and went back to sleep. Then another night she woke up, I picked her up and told her that she needed to stay in her bed, and go to sleep, and stop crying. She looked at me and pointed to her door. I said no, and pointed to her bed. She pointed to her door again. I pointed to her bed again. then I gave her a little love, tucked her in, told her that it was sleeping time and that she wasn't to wake up again until the sun was shining. She was good that time and obeyed. It is funny, no matter how many times I get up with that little thing, or how many times she starts to cry I can never be cross with her. i see her cute little face, her chubby cheeks with little tears streaming down and I can never get over how much I love the little thing and how happy she makes me. So I cave, I cave and I hold her and I rock her and then I tuck her back in bed. Sigh. One day, I am going to have to be tough with that one.


Oh, and she can climb right up the stairs now..al the way up. We figured this out when we heard her fall down the stairs the other evening. fortunately she caught herself part way down and was just a little scared. Not scared enough to not do that again though, I have followed her up the stairs a few times now. Time to keep the gate shut! How is she already this big?

3 comments:

rozanny said...

I hate being the tough one too... I mostly make Jer do that part and I make him hold my hand when I have to do that part... to bad he isn't working from home now...

K said...

You have to be tough. You can't cave. Because she will be 16 years old, and she will make bad decisions and she'll do it in your face. A kid has to grow up with strong boundaries. Even our puppies, we have to be tough with. If we're barking, we don't get what we want. If we obey commands, then I can make concessions. I know you know this is important. You have to do it, Em. You just have to.

The Mechams said...

Oh the things apparently daughters can do to a tough boy mommy. I am right there with you. I never had a problem putting my foot down and letting Boston just deal, but that girl can work my like a job.