Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lagoon

I never know what to get Ben for his birthday. I always ask what he wants, and unfortunately the things he wants are several thousand dollars, so I can never really get him what he wants. This means that he always ends up with what I like to get him....clothes. Yep, I always get him clothes for his b-day and maybe a toy. Seriously, a toy. Anyways, so this year i decided to get him something completely frivolous and I got him 2 tickets to Lagoon. They have just put in a new roller coaster there and we have been dying to try it out, so I thought he would enjoy it. Well, here it is more than 2 months later, and we finally used the Lagoon tickets. Susan watched the kids and we went off to lagoon. We had the funnest time. I don't even know why, I mean the rides were fun, but we had to wait at least an hour for each ride, so we actually didn't get to go on that many rides. I guess it was just so nice to be together, without kids. We love our kids, but everyone needs a break now and again. Anyways, we started off with the white roller coaster. I forgto how much I like that ride. It is just a good old fashioned coaster, but I still totally love it. Then it was off to the spider, which I 100% enjoy every time. I love that it flips you around as you ride. And then we went on the new coaster, Wicked. yeah that was pretty darn fun. I was absolutely terrified the first time and pretty much screamed the whole way. I couldn't stop shaking after either, but for some strange reason I really enjoyed it. And we went on it again. The second time around I just enjoyed it and it was a lot of fun. after that we went on Colossus a couple times and then to one of the haunted houses. I was surprised that I actually got a little scared in their haunted house. I thought they would be totally lame, but the did a pretty good job. Maybe I am just more of a wimp these days. That is most likely. Anyways, after all the fun was over we went to Wendy's and got frostys, fries, and onion rings. I am such a sucker for onion rings. They are delicious though, who can turn them down?

2 comments:

John said...

What a great idea for a birthday present (a date) John hates fast rides and is disappointed that his three oldest kids love them and fruit. Two crazy things that don't come from Dad, but next time I have to get John a present I am going to get him tickets to a ballet or mini gulf or something. That is an awesome idea!!!

Becca said...

hey i want to see your post about the party! I want pictures and everything...i know you are not busy at all and have so much free time to do such, so get to it! ;o)