Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Fun




Wow, well over a month ago James and I went shopping and got some easter decorations. We hung plastic eggs from the ceiling, got some easter placemats, all that fun stuff. He was so excited, however the next morning he was really disappointed that the Easter bunny had not come yet. Needless to say, it has been a very long month for James. On Friday we had a Easter party and Gma Robertsons. The boys were so excited they wouldn't eat breakfast and they didn't really sleep the night before. We had a pretty grand time dying eggs, making easter bunny ear hats (they looked hilarious) And eating lots and lots of candy. When it was finally time to go look for the eggs James and Aubrey ran on out there, but Harrison didn't seem to care very much. I showed him an egg and told him to put it in his basket and he wouldn't do it until I told him it was a ball. That got him going, he started saying ball and found 10 more eggs. On the way home James said "Grandma was so nice to make us these carrots (she made paper carrots full of candy....adorable) she's the best" So yeah I think he had a pretty great time.
Then came Saturday, we had a b-day party in the morning and then after that it was off to Gma Morrise's for another eggs hunt. Susan gets bags for each of us to gather candy in and she showed James the bags and he was really excited about it. James was really good at finding the eggs and got way more Candy than I thought he would. He was also really nice to find eggs and give them to thse who didn't have as many. good job James.
Then came Easter Sunday. We have always had the easter bunny come on Saturday but this weekend that wasn't an option really, so it was sunday this year. I was in the shower and James came bursting into my bathroom yelling "mom!! did you see all the eggs??? There are eggs everywhere!" He was so excited, and yes there were a lot of eggs, too many in fact. we have so much candy I think I am going to be sick, okay I am sick. I have been eating candy since friday and it shows. In fact I am eating a peep right now. What am I thinking? Anyways, James loved his easter bucket and gladly sat down to a good hardy breakfast of candy. mmmm. I was subbing for his class that day and it went pretty well. We talked all about Jesus' life and the resurrection and those kids are so sweet. After the lesson we glued popcorn onto paper trees, they all liked that....eating the popcorn I mean. But anyways, the next day (monday) when I asked James what we should learn about for FHE he said " I want to learn more about Jesus" sweet huh? So we did. Anyways, back to sunday, then we had a huge feast at Gma Morrises where I ate way too much trifle, it was just so good I couldn't help myself.. I think I will have that for my birthday cake this year. Oh and as we were leaving to Gma James grabbed his candy and said "mom when I need candy, I just NEED candy" yeah no wonder your teeth are so terrible! Anyways, it was a fun weekend, and now it is a gorgeous day outside, Ben and James are playing soccer in the backyard, and "fishing" with James' fishing pole and Harrison is asleep. He is really sick, Strep, Sinus infection, fever up the wahzoo, and has cried pretty much the past two days so I am going to go join Ben and James outside. 

6 comments:

Judy said...

It really was a good weekend. I love having these parties---the kids are so cute.

Mel said...

so fun! we love james! (and you too emily) :)

Amy Eds said...

How fun! Our kids had a blast too! Those hats you made were awesome!! (the bunny ears).

K said...

Easter was always one of my favorite holidays - aside from the real meaning, which is awfully brutally important - the inclusion of spring and the idea of new life - it's magical. Eggs and flowers and gentle animals like bunnies and new chicks. And surprises in the grass that don't have to be shoveled up.

I wanna be James.

Becca said...

hey. i lost my phone and james took the car -- so i cant come and i cant call you to tell you that i cant come. i'm sorry.

John said...

Sounds fun. Wish we could join the parties too