Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rainy Days

So this morning we got up, and it looked all cloudy, cold, and looked like it was about to rain. So we tried to decide what we should do with ourselves indoors and we decided to make Sugar cookies in the shape of Umbrellas. It was really fun. I got frosting for each of the boys and let them frost their own cookies, okay so really they just ate the frosting. but they had a good time doing it at least. Harrison downed three whole cookies and had green frosting from head to toe, then held out his hands and said "mess", yeah, mess was right! Then we printed off pictures of little Einsteins and colored them. Harrison has become quite the colorer. He loves to color. Especially the walls. The other day Ben and I were eating breakfast, the boys had already finished and were upstairs playing, when we heard scratching noises and Harrison laughing and saying "OH! OH!" We went upstairs to find him with a red crayon and a newly red crayoned hallway. Thank heavens for magic erasers! 2 Hours later he found a blue crayon and crayoned THAT wall. Naughty little boy. Needless to say I have searched the house and put all writing things out of his reach unless I am there to supervise his coloring.
Anyways, after those fun activities it was time for some healthy lunch besides cookies and naps. So I put the kids to bed and I went running. 10 miles baby. Oh man, this week is going to kick my butt. Literally. I have a 40 mile week right now. I have 20 miles to run on Sat, and I am still sore and tired from the race last Sat. Like I said, I am in big trouble. During my entire run today I just felt tired. My legs were tired, I was tired, and then I suddenly had to pee like none other and had to run to a house and ask to use their bathroom. I am no good at the squatting in the bushes thing. Fortunately, it was nice lady who is also a runner and was very understanding. Anyways, I finished the 10 miles, came home, showered, and then we went off to the park with our neighbor. James and Harrison had fun playing and she and I had fun visiting. It was nice. Then it was back home, quick dinner, visiting teachers and then off to Costco to buy a new Camera. We got our state tax refunds today and we have needed to get a camera for forever, so we did. The camera we wanted came with a photo all in one printer as well, so that was cool. We didn't even know that we were getting a printer though, that was a surprise until they brought out thi huge box and I thought " I thought this camera was supposed to be small...." Anyways, the camera is great, the printer is cool too. I like most that it is a scanner because I have wanted one of those for a long time.
Now the kiddos are in bed, asleep, I just got down from rocking James. I went in their room to put something away and James was still awake in bed and so I rocked the little guy. I love rocking my little boys at night. When they are all calm and will let me just hold them. Oh yeah, I totally forgot. When I was putting the kids down for naps James was being REALLY whiny. And I told him how we had done all these fun things today and how if he wasn't going to be happy about doing fun things then we weren't going to do them. So then tonight when they were going to bed James came up to me and said "THanks mom for making the umbrella cookies with me, and printing off the einstein pictures and going to the park. I like it when we do fun things, we should do it again sometime and put lots of frosting on the cookies" I thought that was cute of him. He really is a sweet boy, both my kiddos are. But now, I am tired and must go ice my knees, shins, and feet...an ice bath is probably easier but that takes about 3 hours for me to warm up from so, I will just go take my time. Good Night.

4 comments:

Hild Family said...

You are such a fun mom! Your boys are very lucky.

John said...

You are a fun mom, Emily. And wasn't it nice to have James say that he liked his day? I really appreciate it when my kids are happy with the effort I make in their behalf. James is a really sweet boy. And I still can't believe how much Harrison is like Rachel. I have never had a child color on the walls as thoroughly as she does. I actually just bought a spare gallon of paint that matches most of our walls and keep covering up crayon. But the walls get a lot of scuffs from the furniture too. But I will often find her with a pen and a picture book. Luckily we have had no big library fines because of that.

Becca said...

em, did you see that I happened upon Karyn Hunters blog? it is really sweet you should check it out. the link is on my blog. I hope that's ok with her...i didn't ask her. :o)

Judy said...

What a good day. You are a good Mom! Good luck with the long run week.