Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Smelly Bathroom

As I was doing dishes last night I realized that all of our sippy cups are missing. We have several, and I had just cleaned the house and hadn't seen any of them. So it was a mystery to me as to where these cups had gone. So the next morning I asked James if he had hidden any, or if he knew where any were. He didn't, but said he would look for them. Many hours later as I was making dinner James brought down a sippy cup declaring that he had found one, he threw it in the sink and I asked where the lid had gone. He said that it was in the bathroom, he'd had to dump it out first. He then brought the lid down and put it in the sink while saying "whew, my bathroom smells awful!" I then asked "uh, what was in that cup?" he said "there was oil in it!" I was pretty sure that he had found an old cup with milk that had separated. I then told Ben to go make sure he hadn't dumped it out all over the bathroom. Ben came down saying that he didn't see any mess up there but that it was incredibly stinky. Well I think I got busy with dinner and forgot about the smelly bathroom upstairs until I finally went up there to put the kids to bed. our entire upstairs stank. It was the worst smell in the whole world. I seriously almost vomited. I ran away because it was so bad. I told ben to go dump some bleach down the drain and wipe it out and then we put some serious air freshener in there and turned on the fan. I knew though, that once the kiddos were in bed I would have to go in there and face the smell. And that is what I did. I put a towel over my nose and mouth and went on in there. Oh my heck..it had grown! The smell was worse than ever. I started scrubbing the place and quickly as I could. I wiped the entire bathroom down 3 times and still there was that horrible smell. I had to leave the bathroom several times to keep myself from puking. I also kept some aroma therapy bath salts by me and took a big wiff whenever the bad smell got too strong. Anyways, I cleaned that bathroom like crazy, did nothing for the smell. It just kept getting worse. So then I went to James. I asked him to tell me about the cup he had found he said "I found it in my play ktichen, and so I dumped it out in the sink, but there was like eggs in it so I picked up the eggs and put them in the garbage.." I have to admit at this point I just ran out of his room grabbed the garbage and threw it into the outside garbage, can and all. I then went back to James and tried to get more details, but no luck. So I have once again gone and wiped the place down, put air fresheners in there and all that. I am hoping that tomorrow I will be able to go past that bathroom without having to keep myself from puking. I so wish that I would have just found that cup in the first place because when I find an old cup of whatever...it is into the garbage with it. I guess that that is what James did, just not the whole thing. Ugh. oh yeah I scrubbed his hands for forever too.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Baby girl, I am hurtin' for you...I SOOO know that smell! So he dumped it in his play kitchen sink and THEN picked out the "eggs". That is hilarious how he reported to you that his bathroom stank...too cute!!! Good luck-ouch!

Mare

John said...

We laughed and laughed. I feel a bit guilty for laughing because man that is awful. I hope it smells better for you now.

Amy Eds said...

That story made me laugh so hard!! I love that you threw the garbage away! Hilarious! Good job for brave James, putting the "eggs" in the garbage!

Becca said...

um i am really tired but i wanted to read your new post...but i am too tired. i will read it and make a real comment tomorrow. aren't you glad i explained that all to you? love ya!

Becca said...

hahaha! Ok this was hilarious. I kind of feel bad for you, but mostly I am laughing at you and your horrible situation. I can totally see you with a towel over your face and breathing in the therapeutic salts! Sooooo funny!

Mel said...

sick! i hate finding old milk in sippys! great story though! :)