Thursday, July 26, 2007

Exhausted

After several nights of no sleep, a little boy with a smashed lip and upper gum, a throwing up 1 yr old, piles of laundry, and a very messy kitchen, I am 100% exhausted. James' gums, upper lip and cheeks are extremely swollen and has been very needy and sad the entire day and all night last night (no surprise I know he is in a lot of pain). Both Gma's came today though and brought him things to play with. That really helped James cheer up. He has just been wimpering all morning. He was so sad when he tried to eat something and couldn't do it. He just started crying and said, "I can't eat any food!" He was so sad! I feel so bad for him. I hope that the pain will start to go away soon and that the swelling will go down. We went to the store and got him several things that he can drink. Yogurt drinks, Pediasure's, Chocolate Milk. He was really excited when he finally figured out a way to eat/drink his food in a way that did not cause him pain. I am currently waiting up to give him his midnight dose of medication. Then hopefully, he will sleep, Harrison will sleep, and I too will sleep. Ahhhh.

4 comments:

Becca said...

sheesh all that makes me really excited to have kids! ;o) Nah, I am excited, but that does sound quite stressful and exhausting. But it seems like things have improved since this post was made.

Hey where are you all doing movie night at? Because we may stop by after work, but who knows. We'll have to see, but I'll need to know the location. have a lovely day!!!

Becca said...

hey james and i work opposite shifts this week...so i might stop by and hang out with you sometime. what do you think?

Becca said...

hey yeh i know i have not seen you in forever. we didn't have a day off this last week and his family has been here from Cali, so obviously it has been more in-law time lately. But I must see you!!! I want to hear about your camping trip and all that. And can you believe that about Amy and Jon's accident? Sheesh, that was a stressful night. Jay calls me and says mom left a message saying, "jay , amy and jon got in an accident....call me asap!" haha and then we couldn't get a hold of anyone for hours. sheeeeeeeesh!!!! i have tuesday off. and evenings in general now, so that's nice. you call me becuase i actually answer my phone. the end.

Becca said...

oy, time for a new blog, eh?