Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter



So After two nights of reading and going to bed at 5 am, Ben and I finished the book last night, just 28 hours after we bought it. I thought that was pretty good time considering we had kids to take care of and everything. The night the book came out we attended the Morrise family Harry Potter Party. Andy and Jenny had made their great room into the Hogwarts Great Hall. They had the four house tables and The house flags hanging from the ceiling, and stars stuck on the ceiling, it was quite decorated and looked really great. We of course had a feast and then discussed what we thought was going to happen in book seven. I made Robes for James, he was Harry Potter and seriously the cutest Harry Potter I have ever seen and I dyed my hair bright pink and went as Tonks. We dyed Ben's hair gray and we was Lupin. We put a little Lightening bolt on Harrison's head too. (oh, I don't have any pictures, my sister in-law took some and they are on their family blog, so if you want to see a picture of James and I here is the address morrisefamily.blogspot.com ) You can't miss it, I have insanely pink hair and look like some punk rocker. But James is adorable. Anyways, about book seven....if you have not read it, you probably should stop reading this blog right now. I mostly really enjoyed the book. It wasn't my favorite, but I still really liked it. I LOVED the battle at the end where the professors are putting enchantments on the castle and everyone is coming to fight finally because I kept thinking "There are more good wizards than bad so why don't they just take the death eaters on finally?" I cried plenty throughout the book. Dobby's Death, Harry's Parents and other close friends joining him as he entered the forest to meet Voldemort. I felt so sad for Snape when it told about his love for lily and his true self. I knew Harry was a Horcrux, I knew he had to die, but I as very glad to find out that he was able to come back and live a good life. Also, I was really proud of Neville and glad that he was able to kill the snake. That was great. I was sad this morning when I reaized that the Harry Potter series was finally over, and there weren't anymore to look forward to. I guess I will just have to read them all over again.
Since posting this blog, I have downloaded the pictures of James and I. Isn't James the cutest?

No comments: