Monday, July 23, 2007

Protected

So last night we were 100% exhausted because we had been up all night reading Harry Potter the last 2 nights. So we put the kids to bed and were looking forward to a long nights sleep...that did not happen. around 3 am James woke up terrified and would not calm down, he often has nightmares, so this was not too unusual. So we sang some songs and then I told him that we should say a prayer to help us feel better. as I was saying the prayer, I was expecting to feel better, but the opposite happened. I suddenly felt like something was seriously wrong and that I needed to act right then. So I woke Ben up and we checked the entire house and outside. We didn't see anything and so we said another family prayer in hopes that we would once again feel okay. We all went back to bed and a few minutes later Ben got out of bed and told me that he just felt like we needed to be downstairs. So we went downstairs, I eventually fell asleep on the ouch but ben stayed up all night with the TV on and turning lights off and on and continued to check outside. In the morning, I asked Ben what happened and he told me while he was saying the family prayer he too got the distinct feeling that something was not right and that he just knew that we needed to be downstairs and keep lights on, and didn't feel like things were okay until about 6 am. Alls I have to say is I am so grateful for: The power of prayer and how it can guide us, and for a husband who listened to the spirit, obeyed its promptings and watched over and protected our family. Isn't he the best? Anyways, this morning I still felt a little shaken by the whole thing so I spent the day at mom and dads because Ben was going to be at a meeting all day. We had fun though, we went with Gma and Amy to the Peppermint Factory. Gma bought the kids all sorts of goodies which they, of course, enjoyed thoroughly. Then once again tonight Ben and I took the kids for a bike ride. It was perfect weather. The sky was completely overcast, so it was nice and cool, and every now and then we got hit by a few raindrops but that just made it more fun.

1 comment:

Becca said...

i think it is so cute that you guys always go on bike rides and stuff. it's relaly hard to be pregnant and not able to do things like that when it is summer. i mean, winter time who wants to be outside anyway? but in the summer, i want to run, play tennis, hike, and all sorts of things. sheeeesh! but next summer...you can count on me being one active mama!