Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cravings

I forgot to put something in that last post, so here it is.  With my boys, I never really had cravings. In fact I hated chocolate when I was pregnant with James and Harrison.  The only craving I remember having with either of those kiddos, was one day I wanted pumpkin pie. However, with this little girl, I am addicted to chocolate.  Seriously, nothing is too chocolatey for me. I love chocolate milkshakes the most and have probably had more of those in the past 5 months than I have in my entire life. No wonder I am gaining more weight with this one.... :) Also, during the first three months I was completely addicted to Brick Oven Root Beer. It is just under $3 for one 2 liter, and I would buy 2-3 of those every time I was in Provo. The reason why I liked that root beer so much was because it was the closest to homemade. I loved the way it smelled, and tasted...mmm now I want some.  I wouldn't drink any other brand of root beer, it had to be Brick Oven.  I know I am crazy.

 Another thing that I still constantly crave/want is mint. And yes, chocolatey mint is the best. I always have some mint chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer, I bought several packs of junior mints a week during the first 3 months. I just went through a bag of mint truffle hershey's kisses. Andes mints are amazing, but when nothing else is around I will settle for a simple breath mint.  I love love love mint. Those are the two main things I have been craving so much.  Oh yeah, I went through a time where I seriously wanted to drink vinegar. I ate a bunch of pickled beets and pickles instead. So weird. It seems like each day I want something different. I plan all our meals for the week, go shopping, but by the time the day rolls around for those meals, I no longer want them. Something new sounds good to me. Sheesh I am seriously out of control here. Ha!

Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention...smells. Oh my goodness. I can smell everything all the time everywhere. I buy different deodorant almost every week, and its not like my old one has run out. I just need a new smell. I have gone through several different shampoos, soaps, house cleaners, air fresheners, candles, detergents, etc. This is how it goes. I get a new cleaner, use it for about a week, by that time, the smell gets old and it starts to stink to me. So I get a new cleaner or shampoo or soap or whatever it is. I have 3 different laundry detergents right now that I am rotating through.  Right now I am liking good old Arm and Hammer detergent. It smells clean to me.  I feel sorry for Ben. The poor man has put up with my nose the past several months. See, I always think he stinks, unless he has just gotten out of the shower.  Then he smells good. But by the time he gets home from work...yeah. And it isn't like he stinks, it is just that I can't smell that clean soap cologne smell anymore, it has worn off, so then I think he stinks.  One night I came into our room and he was in bed reading and I said "ugh! what is that smell? It smell like fart in here!"  Ben responds "okay it's me! I stink! I'm a man and I stink" I started laughing so hard. I have tried not to complain about smells so much since, but sometimes I can't take it anymore. Like the other night, I couldn't even sleep, something smelled so bad. So I went and got an air freshener, put it on my nightstand and faced that way all night. Yeah I am really insane.  Sheesh, I hope this dog nose of mine goes away when this baby gets here, because it gets really annoying. 

2 comments:

John said...

That is all pretty funny. John has terrible breath every morning and I just can't bare to kiss him pregnant or not.

One pregnancy I had a really weird smell thing. I liked the smelled of cut grass mixed with oil. As a result I mowed the lawn twice a week. John was mortified to have his obviously pregnant wife mowing the lawn.

Another pregnancy I really liked stroganoff, even though, I have always hated it. I went back to hating it after the baby came. The same thing happened with mayonaise. Pregnancy sure is funny in its own annoying way.

Can't wait to see you guys.

Bartlett Family said...

I hear you loud and clear about chocolate. With Kenner, I was always getting fudgesicles or going to Artic Circle for a chocolate milkshake. Even with Kameron, I loved Kameron. I honestly ate most of Kenner's Halloween candy last year if it had chocolate in it.

When I was pregnant with Kameron, I had to have a wintogreen mint while I changed Kenner's diaper or else I would seriously get sick to my stomach.

Pregnancies do weird things to us.