Saturday, November 15, 2008

What Kids Say

Harrison always stand on his chair at the table, dancing around and being crazy. He has fallen off several times, but still has not learned his lesson. So, the other day during lunch he was once again jumping on his chair and I said "Harrison! Sit your butt down!" Harrison continued dancing and starting singing "Butt Down Butt Down Butt Down" Yeah, thanks for picking THAT word up. how come he chooses to repeat that phrase and not "I love you" or anything else that I ever try to get him to say. I try really hard to use nice words and the times that I slip, they of course immediately copy me. But when I am trying to get them to say something, they refuse. Seriously, he will not say a prayer for anything. I always sit and tell him what to say and he just wiggles around until we get to amen and then bursts out an "amen!" and runs off. He always kneels and folds his arms very nicely though, and I think that is so cute. When Ben came home from work I told him what Harrison had said, we laughed pretty hard about it and have been quoting the kid ever since.


2 comments:

Becca said...

thats so funny! remember when james said "corn dog?" haha. that was bad.

Hild Family said...

My kids always repeat the things I don't want them to say too. Don't you just love that?