Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading

So last night when I was putting the kids to bed I was really tired and not feeling great nad was just going to put them to bed without all the books and stories. However, after we said prayer Harrison got the very hungry caterpillar  book and plopped himself down on the floor and started to read it aloud. It was probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen and really wish I had it on video. He opened the first page and said "the caterpiller in the moon and POP!.....ate yummy apple......ate. .1. .2.. 3.. 4.. 5 mmmmm....ate one cake..one pickle...one lallallalla...and one watermeyon....and then ta da...butterfly!" Yeah, it was really cute. So then I pulled him over and read it to him, and then he got book after book and the boys and I read for quite some time. It was very enjoyable.

4 comments:

James, Kira, Rylee, Jett and Maddyson said...

way cute! I love that book, it's a classic! It cracks me up how 2 year olds talk.

John said...

What a little cutie.
Reading to my kids is my favorite thing to do with them.But I love hearing them tell themselves a story.

Becca said...

love it! hey i hear that you are coming to mom's today. so you should call me when you do. ok.

that is really cute! i read to grace sometimes, but not as much as i probably should. haha.

Alison said...

Emily!
Sorry that I have been a slacker and have not kept up. I loved reading your posts and I especially loved the one about James and his interpretations of the "missionary" songs. :) That is hillarious!

Congrats on the baby girl on the way!! I am so excited for you!