Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Snow

James got up very very early this morning, and was not too happy when I told him to go back to bed. He did though, and actually went right to sleep. I, however, was now awake, and could not go back to sleep. So I got up. Ben got up as well and then looked out the window. Yep there was snow. And lots of it. It was still snowing and coming down pretty good.  I suddenly felt bad for making James go back to bed and went to go see if he was awake yet so I could show him the snow. He was still sound asleep.  So I decided that while the boys slept and Ben got ready, I would head on over to the Gym and get my run in.  So I drove on over and alls I have to say is, I love my car. Seriously, I love it. I love that it is seriously hard to make that thing slide. And I always feel a little bit tough when I drive it. The roads looked slick to me, so I drove careful anyways.  I am always scared of wrecking my car, and I will admit. My first thought is not because I am concerned with myself, but I would sure hate to put a big old dent or worse into my car. Yes I know, that is NOT what I should be worried about, but that's the truth of it, unless my kids are with me, then I worry about their safety. Now Ben's car. Yeah you could push that thing  off a cliff and I would most likely thank you for it.  Anyways, As I left our house, there was already a car that had slid off the road and into the ditch, I can't even count the number of cars I have seen in that ditch. It is always a strange thing to see though.

So enough about cars, onto my day. I went running and it was great great great. I only had time for 4 miles before I needed to get back home but the entire run felt good, and I didn't want to stop. I love a good run.  I drove on home and as I pulled into the garage James opened the door with the biggest smile ever on his face. It made me so happy to see him so excited about the snow. He loves the snow so much and has been asking for forever when it was ever going to snow.  I was seriously debating whether or not to let him stay home from school so he could play in the snow. But I sent him off to school and prayed that the snow would not melt until after he had had a chance to play in it. And thankfully, when he got home, there was still plenty of snow and he built the cutest little snowman.  He got out the carrots, and some chocolate chips, ate most of them. but then put the rest on the snowman. It was cute. Oh yeah, while they were out there Harrison came running to the back door and right then I saw James with a huge snowball and before I could stop him..smack! Right into Harrison's head. Poor kid. I then banned James from anymore snowballs.  After a while the boys came in for hot cocoa and sandwiches.  It was fun. We read stories and then all took a nap. It was a very good afternoon.

Oh yeah, so we went swimming yesterday, and Harrison was terrified of it the entire time. And when Ben got home late last night he went upstairs to say good night to the boys. As soon as Harrison saw Ben he said "I scared, I scared water....pool  I scared....water....pool" Poor kid. He must really have hated that pool. I thought it was cute though that he was telling Ben about it.

3 comments:

John said...

I am glad that it has not snowed here yet. I have been bracing myself for a colder winter if we do end up moving there next summer. Ruth loves the snow, though. She loves sledding and building tunnels etc. She will be happy with a colder winter. But I think she is the only one.

Poor little Harrison and the pool fear. Is there a place with a toddler pool around you. Maybe if he can start with a pool that he can stand up in he will feel more confident for the adult pool. Another thought, and this was just our experience. Adam has always been a lot more cautious than our other children about physical things like swimming and jumping etc. As a result he has gotten hurt less, but we recently found out it was because he cannot see. Now that he has glasses he seems to have thrown his caution to the wind.

Becca said...

that's so funny about harrison! that kid always makes me laugh. And I LOVE his lil' talking.

James is the sweetest craziest little boy I know! He's so cute and obedient, and he flys into the pile of leaves. You know what I am talking about. I'm so glad he got to play in the snow. Do you have pictures of his snowman? that would be fun to see!

way to go on your running. I have been trying to go all week, everyday i think, I WILL GO TODAY. but i get so busy and grace is on a crazy sleeping pattern right now that I HATE -- anyway, again i am thinking TODAY IS THE DAY. we will see if i actually do it or not.

love ya chic!

Becca said...

ps- i think snow is pretty when i am inside cuddled up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate.

I hate snow every other time.