Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life These Days

Life these days are pretty good I have to say. I am feeling really good.  I love this middle stage of pregnancy, energy is somewhat back, baby isn't so big that I can't move or breathe, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE feeling the baby move.  Every time I feel a little kick it just makes me so happy. But I will admit that sometimes I actually forget that I am pregnant. Like the baby will be moving and instead of thinking, "oh there is my little one" I think "what the world? Why do I have so much bubbling going in my stomach?" And then there are the times when I get up in the morning, head to the bathroom and pass by our mirror and think to myself "OH MY HECK!!! I am seriously bloated this morning!!!" And then I think oh yeah I am pregnant. The enlarged belly is a good thing.  But really I am really excited for this little one to arrive and can't wait for the ultrasound next monday. And I am sure I will post all about that come monday.

I have been really enjoying the kids lately, well I enjoy them all the time, but there ARE days when I might feel like selling them.  :) No seriously, James is just at the funnest stage. I have decided that 4 is a very good age.  He is pretty obedient, even if he doesn't want to be and is so interested in everything. He constantly asks questions and won't stop until you explain it to him fully. For example, he now knows how the baby is born. He asked and asked and I kept giving him sort of answers but never the real thing. but he wasn't satisfied until he got the truth and it made sense. He also knows what the umbilical cord is, what your heart does, what lungs are how they work. He has been very interested in his body and how it works. I love that though, especially since I actually know the answers to those questions.  He has also been asking about every food and if it is healthy or not, and telling me we should not eat so much sugar. This is probably a good thing for a boy that gets cavities so easy. 

Harrison is the same as ever. He teases us all the time. Every time you tell him to come here or whatever he laughs his head off and runs away. Part of you wants to be angry and tell him to get his bum over here now, but then there is the part that sees that little twinkle in his eyes and you can't help but laugh at him and chase him down.  And then when you say "Harrison, time for bed" He says "no, no, no, no sleepy, no sleepy!" it makes me laugh so hard. And I just throw him in his bed. He calms down fast.  I love to watch my little boys sleep. I always sneak in their room at night and just watch them sleep. They are always so cute. One night I came in and James had made beds for all the teddy bears and given them blankets too. It was the sweetest thing.  He really does have such a good heart.  Today while it was raining and cold he asked me where the people sleep. I asked him what people? He replied, "the people that don't have homes"  I told him there are shelters, but that many still have to sleep outside in the wet and cold. He thought about it and then said we should get them a home to sleep in. And take them somewhere where they could be warm. I agreed. 

We had a fun day today, after a good run I took the boys swimming. James, of course loved it. harrison was 100% terrified. I don't get it. He loves water.  HE would stay in the bathtub all day if I would let him. But when we go to the pool he just buries his little face in me and holds on to dear life. I always feel so bad and keep  thinking he will grow out of it, but so far, no luck there.  I felt bad for Harrison today. James had a friend over and they were playing transformers and Harrison couldn't keep up with them. He kept coming to me and just moped. Cute little bugger.  So then tonight after we cleaned the toy room we watched one transformers episode and one little Einstein's episode, while eating popcorn and drinking hot cocoa. Now, my little boys are in bed. Stories have been read, teeth brushed, house cleaned, laundry folded and I am ready to just relax. Ah. I love the end of a good day. I love going to bed in a clean house, with happy little kids asleep in the next room. Actually, James is not currently asleep. I can hear him singing the transformers song. Ah, that makes me laugh.  Kids are funny.

2 comments:

Becca said...

And that is why I want to get pregnant again. Kids are just the cutest things ever. a real pain in the ____ sometimes, but you couldn't love them anymore than you do. it's not possible. you just love them so much already.

you are a cute mom. and your boys really are freakin' adorable. i LOVED babysitting them that one night. they were just so cute!

i dont know how you get so much done everyday. I can't keep up with all the housework now that I do the photography thing, and I only go running once in awhile -- YOU ARE AMAZING! Keep up the good work.

"mom, we are headed over to Becca's"

"mom, I heard harrison say he was sorry."

this is why i love your boys.

Linsey said...

Savannah is the same way with water. She absolutely loves the bath and shower and won't get out until the water is ice cold or gone, but get her to a pool or lake and she freaks out. We had a water scare not too long ago, and that put us back some, especially because it made it that she now goes hysterical when water gets on her face, but we're making some progress. I'm still hoping it's partly a stage and that she'll grow out of it and that the rest of the fear from the scare a few months ago, we'll be able to help her learn that water can be really fun but safe at the same time. When are you due with your baby anyway?